Every year in December, Blue Door Beads hosts a Jewelry Collective, giving local jewelry artists the opportunity to sell their jewelry in an intimate jewelry-positive environment, at little cost to them. The world of jewelry shows & craft shows can be overwhelming and expensive, so we encourage novice jewelry-makers (or at least first-time jewelry sellers) to sell their work in a low-risk, highly-supportive environment!
We are proud to announce that this year will be Blue Door Beads’ Fourth Annual Jewelry Collective!
Before entering and submitting your work, please review the following requirements and deadlines. You must meet these requirements and deadlines in order to be considered eligible for the Jewelry Collective:
- If you have participated in any of Blue Door Beads’ previous Jewelry Collectives, please refrain from applying to this year’s Jewelry Collective.
- If you have sold your jewelry at a local craft/jewelry/DIY show (First Friday, Patchwork Show, Renegade Craft Fair, etc.) within the past 12 months, please refrain from applying to the Jewelry Collective.
- The jewelry you plan to sell must be handmade by you.
- BDB will collect a 20% commission of each piece of jewelry sold.
- Thurs., Oct. 6th by 7pm – Last day to submit contact info & photo.
- Thurs., Oct. 13th – BDB will contact eligible artists – advertising will begin!
- Thurs., Oct. 20th – Deadline to accept & drop off the $25 application fee. (cash or check). You MUST drop off payment at Blue Door Beads by this date in order to reserve your spot in the Jewelry Collective. Space is limited, so unreserved spots will be given to the next eligible artists.
- Thurs., Nov. 10th at 7pm – Participants are required to attend the Jewelry Collective Info Night & turn in up to 15 finished jewelry pieces, tagged, priced, & ready to sell.
- Thurs., December 15th Opening Night of Jewelry Collective 6:30pm-8:30pm – Artists need to arrive between 5:30pm-6:30pm to set up.
- Fri., Jan. 6th 2017 – Payment & unsold jewelry pieces available for pick-up.
- Tues., Jan. 31st 2017 – All payment & jewelry pieces must be picked up. Any pieces left at the shop after 90 days will be considered donations.
If you have read all of the above and agree to all of the terms, please enter & submit your work! Please email the following to firstname.lastname@example.org:
- One nice-quality photo of jewelry you plan to sell
- Your first & last name
- Your daytime phone number
- Your mailing address
- Your email address
To check out submissions from previous years, click any of the links below:
We look forward to having you be a part of our Jewelry Collective!